Event Services is dedicated to helping USU students, faculty, staff and the entire campus be more efficient and strategic when planning, managing, and executing events.
What Events Qualify for USU Pricing
Events must meet the following criteria to be considered a USU college/department or covered event.
- The event is authorized by an administrator (e.g., dean, department head, director).
- The event is related to a USU field of study or business operation.
- A USU department assumes financial responsibility for the event.
- A USU department assumes insurance liability for the event on behalf of Utah State University.
- The person booking and/or coordinating the event with Event Services is USU faculty or staff.
What We Do
EMS online request tutorials and step-by-step guides can be viewed by clicking on the links below.
- Watch a tutorial on how to submit an Event and Space Request through EMS.
- Read a step-by-step guide on how to submit an Event and Space Request through EMS.
- Watch a tutorial on how to submit an Equipment and Outdoor Space Request through EMS.
- Read a step-by-step guide on how to submit an Equipment and Outdoor Space Request through EMS.
Classroom use for anything other than academic purposes is requested through Event Services. Requests for non-academic classroom use can be submitted online through EMS or by contacting the event reservations team at (435) 797-EVNT (3868).
Events Services is a resource office for coordinating all event related services on campus. Event coordinators will be assigned to each event to ensure that information is communicated and services are coordinated with campus partners (i.e., Risk Management, USU Fire Marshal, Public Safety, Parking & Transportation).
Additional Event Management Services
Engage an event coordinator to provide additional coordination for the following services and tap into the event industry's leading event technology through our University Cvent account.
- Abstract and Speaker Management
- Creative/Graphic Design Services
- Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration and Management
- Event Equipment Rental
- Facilities Management Services (e.g., building/room opening and lock-up, sprinkler shut off, electrical orders, trash and recycle receptables, custodial services, dig permits)
- Financial Planning, Budgeting, and Reconciliation
- Guest Services (e.g., front of house, ushers, security)
- Group Accommodations—hotel and/or residence halls
- Logistical Planning (e.g., coordination, communication, design layouts, room setups, audiovisual, catering, parking, transportation)
- Registration Management
- Speaker Management
- Survey Solutions
- Ticket Operations
- Virtual Events powered by Cvent
Event coordinators will provide a written estimate of all event costs prior to the event. Below are the billable hourly rates for services that are not included with a room rental.
- Audiovisual Technicians: $31/hr
- Coordination/Management Services: $55/hr for USU college/department events (external events $75/hr)
- Creative Services (Graphic Design/Web Development): $69/hr
- CCA Ushers and Ticket Clerk: $11/hr
- Front of House Managers and Box Office Manager: $16.50/hr
- Setup Technicians: $31/hr
Event Services understands that food is an integral part of successful events.
The Event Reservations and Catering Office provides one call to take care of it all. The office is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and can be reached by calling (435) 797-0423 or by visiting the office located in room 232 of the Taggart Student Center.
Our team of professionals will walk you through a variety of options designed to suit your event's unique needs. For more information and online menus, visit catering.usu.edu. Customized menus can be requested to fit your event needs and budget.
Event Services and Catering
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
EMS - Scheduling Software
Event Services coordinates event space across campus, leveraging EMS, a university scheduling software, to enable departments to request and reserve University resources—
- Audiovisual equipment
- Classrooms for academic and non-academic use
- Event equipment
- Event related Facilities' work orders
- Guest Services (e.g., ushers, front house managers, ticket scanners, guest relations)
- Group overnight accommodations
- Indoor event spaces
- Outdoor spaces
Through EMS, the reservation team has created a campus wide communication network of what’s happening where and when, with instant notifications to campus partners (e.g., Public Safety, Facilities, Parking and Transportation, Student Affairs) about upcoming events.
On-campus Event Advertising
Reach thousands of faculty, staff, students, and visitors by advertising your university-sponsored events using the following campus advertising outlets. Also see Event Marketing resources.
Aggie Shuttle Bus
Banners - Light Poles
How to Instructions for Submitting a Banner Request How to Instructions
How to Video for EMS USU Light Pole Banners Request How to Video
Print Light Pole Banner Map with Pole Banner Zones Light Pole Banner Map
Brochure and Flyer Racks
Contact each campus oversight entity.
Chalking - Sidewalk and Street
Chalking must be non-permanent, non-damaging, and removal is required.
USU Facilities Temporary Sign Application
USU's Digital Signage delivers your content and event information onto screens across Utah State University's campuses.
Digital Signage Request
More information about the USU Calendar
Small Temporary Outdoor Signs
USU Facilities Temporary Sign Application
- Sidewalk A-frames
- Bike racks
- Wire frame signs